2017 GooBang Doo Android 6.0 TV Box Reviews
GooBang Doo TV Box is a relatively new name in the media streaming market. The company specializes in manufacturing Android TV streaming boxes with rich features and possibilities. If you are looking for an exceptional box that will turn your non-smart TV into a smart TV, then GooBang Doo streaming media boxes might just be what you are looking for. Here is our GooBang Doo Android 6.0 TV Box Reviews.
GOOBANG DOO ANDROID 6.0 TV BOX REVIEWS
I have yet to come across any streaming media device in the market offering Android boxes with the kind of functionality and features that GooBang Doo boxes carry. The company promises to make its customers’ life easier by listening to their ideas and developing their technologies from a user’s perspectives.
In this article, GooBang Doo Android 6.0 TV Box Reviews will review four of GooBang Doo’s most popular Android TV boxes that are pushing the video and TV streaming niche to new limits. GooBang Doo comparison.
It seems since I have written this review that less GooBang Doo products are available on Amazon Canada this is a link to what is still available. Amazon Canada. This is what is available for my UK Amazon readers.
- GooBang Doo XB-III Android 7.1 TV Box, 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Amlogic Quad Core 64 Bits
- GooBang Doo S912 ABOX A3 Android 6.0 TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-Core 64-Bits
- GooBang Doo S905X Android 6.0 TV Box, ABOX Amlogic S905X 64 Bits
- GooBang Doo XB-II Android 5.1 TV Box 1000M Lan 16GB ROM, Server(OTA)
- GooBang Doo ABOX A1 Max Android 7.1 TB Box Rockchip RK3328 Quad-core Cortex-A53 1.5GHz
1 GooBang Doo XB-III Android 7.1 TV Box, 2GB RAM 16GB ROM Amlogic Quad Core 64 Bits
Let’s start with the GooBang Doo XB-III
The GooBang Doo XB-III TV Box from GooBang Doo is one of the best on the market featuring the latest. Amlogic Quad Core 64 Bits Processor 3D 4K Bluetooth. This box can runs many games, play unlimited TV shows, movies and music without buffering and freezing.
You get the x XB-III Android TV Box, 1 x Power Adapter, 1 x HDMI Cable, 1 x Remote Controller, 1 x Wirless Mini Keyboard, 1 x User Manual.
- CPU: It has the latest Amlogic Quad core Cortex A53 2.0GHz 64bit which enhances image/audio processing and computing.
- The CPU is configured to ensure that you enjoy high speed and super quality image processing ability.
- Google has also retuned the android operating system, you will have an unprecedented experience when you use XB-III tv box to run many games, play unlimited movies, favorite TV shows, music without freezing and buffering.
XB-III GooBang Android TV Box 7
- The GooBang Doo XB-III ultimate functionality when it comes to running games and playing media without buffering or freezing.
- 3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration HDD File System FAT16/FAT32/NTFS, High Definition Video Output: 4K*[email protected], LAN: Ethernet:10/100M, standard RJ-45, Wireless: Support 802.11 a/b/g/n at 2.4GHz
- 2GB DDR3 RAM: 16GB EMMC FLASH
- USB host: Comes with 2 High-speed USB, Supporting USB HDD and DISK.
- Your box comes packed mini keyboard which is an advanced option for you to control your XB-III tv box more smoothly and easily within 20 meters with one GooBang Doo XB-III a power adapter, HDMI Cable, Remote Controller and a User Manual
- Allows you to play tons of Android games and stream unlimited media and TV shows smoothly on a large screen. You can install all sorts of android apps and easily enjoy what new technology has to offer.
- This TV Box plays over 15 different video formats and over 20 audio formats and it also supports HD JPEG/ GIF/BMP/ PNG/TIFF photo formats.
- You can run numerous apps at the same time without experiencing buffering or freezing.
- Unlike other low end and standard boxes on the market, the GooBang Doo XB-III Android 7.1 TV has no room for system bugs or malicious apps.
- Keyboard not that great and operating range is not very good.
With all the exceptional features and functionality at such as low price, you can rest assured that the GooBang Doo XB-III will not disappoint. It’s an easy plug and play device that comes with a comprehensive manual but requires just a few configurations to have it up and running. The best part is that it can run for long without overheating or you having to stop it occasionally after a few hours to avoid overheating.
2. GooBang Doo ABOX A3 Android 6.0 TV Box with Amlogic S912 Octa-Core 64-bit ARM Cortex A53 CPU
If you are looking for a super-fast box with more than enough storage memory, then you will find this box a perfect fit. You will have plenty of room to store your apps, games, movies, and photos for your entertainment and viewing pleasure. The 128GB expandable SD memory card will also significantly improve the performance of your TV box and prevent any crashes and freezing typically associated with low memory boxes. Need more than 128GB of storage? No problem; You have an extra USB port for additional storage.
For those of you looking for a laptop experience away from your laptop, you will appreciate the high-performance Amlogic S912 CPU that allows you to run thousands of apps and games, and access all your stored movies, videos and photos with ease. With the portable mini keyboard, you do not even need the remote to operate this GooBangDoo Android TV box.
- CPU/ GPU: The box comes with the latest Amlogic S912 Octa core CPU with speeds of up to 2GHz and 750MHz ARM Mali 3D GPU processor. Avid gamers will appreciate this feature in addition to the stable configuration as they offer a smooth gaming experience.
- Kodi Center: 16GB ROM and 2GB RAM which is plenty of room to get you started with your games and apps. You can also boost this to 128GB via the expandable SD storage. Expanding the memory also reduces chances of freezing or crashing.
- S912 chipset: this is an advanced version of the previous S905X chipset. It supports decoding of both H.265 and VP9, which are the most recognized formats globally.
- Seamless connectivity: Has high-performance Dual-Band 2.4GHz/5GHz WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet and Bluetooth 4.0 that offer high-speed download and running of apps and media.
- Mouse/keyboard: Wired/wireless supported to give you the freedom and flexibility you deserve.
- Supports a wide range of audio, video and photo formats for ultimate compatibility.
- Your package comes packed with the ABOX A3 Android TV Box, Power Adapter, Wireless keyboard, Remote Controller and User Manual.
- Reliable with very minimal issues reported about its functionality and performance.
- The high-speed processor takes crashing, buffering and freezing out of the way to let you enjoy the best entertainment, gaming and viewing experience.
- It’s an easy to use plug and play system; you only need 2 to 3 minutes to set it up
- The user manual is not as detailed and users new to this breed of boxes might need extra time to figure out how it all works.
- Some users have reported that the volume keeps going up and down so you have to keep adjusting.
The GooBang Doo S912 Android box is faring well in the market with numerous positive reviews and feedback popping up every day. With the advanced Amlogic S912 chipset and a whopping 128GB of expandable memory, you will not have to worry about low download and running speed anymore.
3. Model GooBangDoo Android 6.0 TV Box, ABOX Android TV Box Amlogic S905X 64 Bits
Our Third option.
The GooBang Doo S905X ABOX TV box is a sturdy piece of streaming technology packed with unmatched features and exceptional performance. At first sight, the box looks pretty much like the rest, but the download and file processing speed and efficiency are on a whole new level compared to its Android competitors. When it comes to connectivity and accessorizing, you are never going to run out of ports with this one: the main ones include full-size SD, 2 USB, 2 USB, Ethernet and AV ports.
If you would like a whole new watching experience and even cut off your cable TV, this might just be the perfect candidate. The S905X XB-II is rated among the fastest, most stable and reliable set boxes in the market. Its design, all the way from the circuit board to the shell and the arrangement of ports tells a story of an organized manufacturer with an eye for details.
Insensitive or irresponsive remotes and keyboards are common complaints among many TV box users. However, when it comes to XB-II accessories, just like with all the other GooBang Doo gadgets, thorough testing before releasing to the market is very important. You can easily update existing apps and install new ones online within a few clicks. When you get your box, you will have to update a few add-ons for your box to run efficiently.
- Seamless connectivity: The S905X box features XB-II LAN Ethernet with up to 1000M of LAN cable, Bluetooth 4.0, two High-speed USB with Support for and USB HDD
- USB DISK, all designed to speed up your connectivity, download, streaming, and processing for a real 4K playing experience.
- Operating system: The versatile Android 5.1 Lollipop can handle thousands of apps and operations without freezing or lagging.
- The original 16GB EMMC boosts the speed of this box up to 10 times faster than your standard TV box.
- New generation remote: highly sensitive and responsive with the ability to function at a long distance, penetrate obstacles with a wider angle of signal reception and transmission.
- Rubber shell: the Rubber oil plated shell not only lends beauty and comfort to the box but also better protects the XB-II.
- CPU: The latest Amlogic S905 Quad-Core with 2.0GHz
- GPU: high performing Penta-Core Mali-450 suited for intensive gaming and streaming
- Others: SD /MMC/SDHC card readers, HDMI 2.0, DC 5V/2A power supply and 2GB DDR.
- Power adapter: provides more safety with the power magnet that suppresses power surge
- Your box comes with one GooBang Doo XB-II Android TV Box, HDMI Cable, Power Adapter, XB-II Remote Controller, GooBang Doo Support Card and a User Manual.
- Supports multiple videos, audio and photo file formats
- High-speed download, processing, and handling of files with no delays or buffering.
- Easy to set up and use with a simple, well labeled remote and keyboard plus a comprehensive user manual on how to piece everything together.
- Has latest high-performance features including the Amlogic S905X CPU, powerful Android 5.1 Lollipop and a 3D GPU that all work together offer you the best entertainment experience.
- Picture quality is a little blurred when running on a less than average internet speed
- A few users have reported that the remote does not last for long.
With all the functionality, features and performance, it’s safe to say that the S905X device is basically an Android phone without the cellular connection. It comes with numerous preinstalled TV-related apps with an option to download more from your Google app store account. The high-speed and seamless functionality have given this XB-II following that seems to grow every single day.
4. GooBang Doo XB-II Android 6.0 TV Box with 1000M Lan 16GB ROM
Our Fourth Option.
The ABOX Android TV Box is quite similar to the T95X Android TV Box in terms of features and functionality. It’s another great option for users wishing to get rid of their cable TV and still stay up to date with their TV shows and movies. Just like the T95X, it only takes 2 minutes to set it up, and it doesn’t overheat even after long hours of continuous usage.
GooBang Doo ABOX Android TV Box comes preloaded with all the plug-ins and add-ons, you only need to run an update when launching for the first time. The box runs on the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, which explains why it can accommodate thousands of apps and still run seamlessly. The newest Amlogic S905X Quad-Core CPU allows this box to run unlimited movies, numerous games, music and TV shows without buffering or delaying.
GooBang Doo ABOX Android TV Box is a true 2017 box, unlike other boxes in the market that simply update Kodi 3 and call themselves 2017. The HDMI 2.0 is another great feature that provides true 4K playback. If you are just entering the Android box arena, or want to try out what Kodi has to offer, then this box will give you a fantastic start.
- OS: The latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow that offers speed, efficiency, and superb performance
- CPU: Amlogic S905X Quad-Core that runs at 2.0GHz with the ability to play numerous games, movies, music and TV shows without buffering or freezing. You also get to enjoy high-quality image processing and computing.
- Connectivity: Ethernet ports with up to 1000M of LAN cable provided, Bluetooth, and 2 High-speed USB ports
- HDMI: Brand new HDMI 2.0 cable 17+1 that supports true 4K playing with a safe adapter to suppress any power surge.
- HDR10 and HLG HDR processing: The GooBang Doo ABOX features the latest EMMC memory that allows you to enjoy faster reading, writing, and processing for a stable and smooth gaming and streaming experience.
- HD 2.0b transmitter: Built-in to support HLG HDR and HDR10 processing which ensures that you enjoy your HD and 4Kx2K movies.
- Supports numerous audio, video and image formats
- Your package comes with one GooBang Doo ABOX Android TV Box, HDMI Cable, Power Adapter, Remote Controller and User Manual.
- Other features: Penta-Core Mali-450 GPU, DC 5V/2A power supply, TF/ Micro SD card reader, 1GB DDR, and 8GB EMMC.
- Plays unlimited movies, games and TV shows without freezing or buffering
- Fast download and file processing speed
- Does not overheat even when you run it continuously for long hours
- The Amlogic S905X Quad-Core CPU and Android 6.0 Marshmallow guarantee super quality performance with the ability to handle a wide range of file formats and apps.
- A bit slow on average Wi-Fi internet speeds.
- Takes a little longer to launch when apps are are installed
- Original 16GB EMMC Flash makes XB-II 10 times faster than other TV box on data reading and storaging. GooBang Doo fastest Dual-band wifi which supports 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz: To run the box without any delay or buffering.
- Newest generation remote from GooBang Doo: Longer distance to control and better ability to penetrate obstacles; Wider angle and faster to transmit and receive signals.
As you can see, the four GooBang Doo boxes share a lot when it comes to features and functionality, but each of them comes with a unique feature that sets its performance aside. It can be quite difficult for new Android TV Box users to make their choice when it comes these four. However, the best way to make your choice is by considering the features that you desire in a TV box, and your budget.
The XB-II is no longer available and has been replaced by the improve XB-III same price better streaming device.
5. GooBang Doo ABOX A1 Max Android 7.1 TV Box with On/Off Switch Button
Our Fifth Option
The latest to the Goobang Doo line priced at around $60 is the Goobang Doo ABOX A1 Max 4K Android Tv Box this brand new Android box with it’s a unique magic cube appearance packs some new power under the hood. Power by Android &.1 Nougat, ABOX A1 Max this chip speed surpasses many other competitors on the market.
This unit produces true 4K and HDR this newer technology enhances the pixels and gives the picture incredible clarity. They have improved the operating system with many user-friendly operation options and functions that make their new 7.1 Android box a joy to use.
- CPU: Rockchip RK3328 Quad-core Cortex-A53 1.5GHz
- GPU: Quad-core Mali-450 GPU
- RAM: 1GB DDR
- ROM: 8GB EMMC
- Wifi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 2.4G
- LAN: 10/100M, Standard RJ-45 Port
- 3D: Hardware 3D graphics acceleration
Goobang Doo ABOX A1 Max 4K Android Tv Box
- OS: Android 7.1 Nougat
- USB: USB 2.0 * 2, USB 3.0 * 1
- HDMI2.0: 4K * 2K @ 60fps display
- Card reader: TF cards
- Your box comes packed with one GooBang Doo ABOX TV box, a power adapter, HDMI Cable, Remote Controller and a User Manual
- Easy Set up
- Strong wifi connection
- User friendly
- Comes with many apps
- Some bad reviews but overall very positive comments
This new addition with a suggested retail price of $189.00 is being sold for around $60 US. Not sure if this is an intro price? You are getting a lot of Streaming Media Player for the money. Being a full-fledged android machine running 7.1 OS you can get full access to apps on the Google play store and easily transfer apps that you had previously purchased on other devices you use. They also are a good deal for Canadians the unit sells for less in Canada then the US.
It has fast responsive navigating and quick load time for a very enjoyable user experience. With all the many positive reviews and priced at just a few dollars more than the Roku Stick or Amazon Fire TV Stick. I think the GooBang Doo ABOX A1 Max Android 7.1 TV Box is worth giving a try.
Those looking for the latest Android version with high-speed performance on a fair budget should consider Goobang Doo ABOX A1 Max 4K Android Tv Box . If you will be requiring lots of room to store your stuff but still want the latest Android with high-speed performance, then GooBang Doo XB-III TV Box from GooBang Doo will give you 128GB of expandable memory at about Check Amazon Pricing.
It seems since I have written this review that less GooBang Doo products are available on Amazon Canada this is a link to what is still available. Amazon Canada.This is what is available for my UK Amazon readers.
See all our Streaming Media Player Reviews
About the Author
Here to provide you with info and reviews and just plain cool stuff. Electronic device advice.